At this year’s LLVM Developers’ Meeting, my coworker and I gave a talk called “How to Write a Checker in 24 Hours”, about extending the Clang Static Analyzer with custom “checkers”. The video of the talk is now online, along with all the other talks.
Git is one of the most useful tools in my programming toolbox besides the compiler itself. Sure, there are holy wars over which version control system is best (Mercurial, anyone?), but if you’re coming from CVS or Subversion, Git is a huge improvement. Or will be, once you get over the learning curve. I highly recommend Pro Git as a way to become fluent in Git.
If you already use Git, however, you might be wondering how to make it more useful…
I’m going to Apple.
This is not as exciting for me as it would be for someone else. I actually grew up in Cupertino, and I’ve interned there a few summers ago. I have a lot of respect for Apple’s emphasis on design and quality in their products (there are always exceptions, but the general trend is very good), but I haven’t been dying to work there the way some people might.
What is exciting is what I’ll be doing. As I mentioned a few weeks back, I’ve shifted away from Cocoa development and gotten involved with Clang.
- 2012-04-26 Keyboard Adventures
- 2012-04-10 Mail Aliases
- 2011-08-14 Header Anchors: A Safari Extension
- 2011-08-10 "Little Big Details"
- 2011-07-29 Weak Linking
- 2011-07-25 Using Clang from SVN in Xcode
- 2011-07-22 rm vs. Time Machine
- 2011-07-14 Priorities
- 2011-06-30 Quick Look in TextMate
- 2011-06-27 git add
- 2011-06-20 Automatic Reference Counting
- 2011-06-16 Dealing with "Sandwich Code"
- 2011-06-05 gdba
- 2011-06-03 Chrome vs. Safari
- 2011-05-31 User-Side Troubleshooting
- 2011-05-30 Auspicious Continuation
- 2009-07-22 Scripting Bridge
- 2009-07-08 What Happened to Dockyard?
- 2009-06-26 Garbage Collectors and Stack Drawers
- 2009-06-21 Z shell
- 2009-05-22 “Several New Features”
- 2009-05-06 C++ Templates are Turing-Complete
- 2009-04-21 [Meme] How Many HTML Elements Can You Name in 5 Minutes?
- 2009-04-16 Safer Plugin Categories
- 2009-04-02 Hacking Safari 4...for Great Convenience
- 2009-03-27 Const Correctness
- 2009-03-19 Categories and +load
- 2009-03-15 Subversion Checksum Problems
- 2008-09-04 Objective-J and Objective-C
- 2008-08-28 HTTPS and Name-based Virtual Hosting
- 2008-03-08 Alerts Without Apps (or nibs)
- 2008-01-14 NSNumber, CFNumber, and CFBoolean
- 2007-12-13 GenericToolbar and IB3
- 2007-10-27 Performance Optimization: Why We Can't Use valueForKeyPath:
- 2007-09-01 Short Xcode Tip: Plugins
- 2007-07-15 Port 25 Blocked?
- 2007-06-27 GenericToolbar Icon
- 2007-04-14 The Symbolism of Pretty URLS
- 2007-03-07 Flexible PHP
- 2007-01-12 Inauspicious Beginnings